My semester 1 deadline is the 8th of January and, although lectures have finished for winter break, I will continue to work on my MA.
For my submission I need:
– a learning agreement – outlining my aims and objectives of my project so far
– a reflective diary – this blog is a clear reflection to look back on and track my progress
– a body of work – this blog shows all of the work I have done and will continue to do
Over the next 3 weeks running up to my deadline, I will be creating my own concepts for UI. I have chosen 3 genres of games and I will create a HUD for each.
Contrary to some of my recent research I will not be adding colour blind versions of these concepts as I hope to tackle this in a project sometime in the new year after further study.
I have 3 weeks before my deadline and I have created an outline of what work should be done on each of these weeks to keep me on track.
Week 1 – UI Layout Research
To start off this project I will be researching HUD layouts for my three chosen genres to find what is effective and ineffective when it comes to placement and scale. I will be considering:
– what works?
– how does it work?
– what doesn’t work?
– what can I improve on?
Once I have understood these concepts, I can begin to implement them into my designs.
Week 2 – Concepts
I will be designing HUDs for the following genres of games:
– first person shooter
– action adventure
I will be creating these using Procreate and Adobe Photoshop.
Week 3 – Conclusion
I will write a short (200 – 300 word) summary of the project and reflect on my work. In my conclusion I will discuss:
– my opinion on the pros and cons of each design
– any issues I found when creating them
– anything I would like to learn/explore going forward